Author Topic: Have we beat Louisiana in anything?  (Read 804 times)

Offline Thundering In MD

Have we beat Louisiana in anything?
« on: May 13, 2023, 04:42:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Geez.  It?s a serious question.  Swimming maybe???
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: Big City

HerdFans.com

Have we beat Louisiana in anything?
    « on: May 13, 2023, 04:42:03 PM »

Offline gochneaur645

Re: Have we beat Louisiana in anything?
    « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 05:01:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They're too scared to field a soccer team

The following users thanked this post: Thundering In MD, parshall2marshall, svherd, jsbowen, MicDrass1

Offline Big City

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 05:37:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Geez.  It?s a serious question.  Swimming maybe???

I was asking that same question earlier today. No doubt a dominate athletic program.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 05:43:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our ladies played right with them today. One pitch....that was it. We went toe-to-toe on the ROAD with a team ranked in the Top 25 that recruits quality players. We were right there today.

Did any one see the graphic that they put up on Marshall concerning the transfer portal players that Marshall brought in? We brought in quality freshman and quality portal players. That is how you have to recruit to Marshall.

This softball coach gets it. I don't care. Yes we lost today. But we were competing for a championship today and competing for a NCAA bid. That coach had that team in position for that. She gets it. She knows how to build a roster.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, herdfan93, parshall2marshall, MUinDE, chris88, Flat Tire 2

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 06:52:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our ladies played right with them today. One pitch....that was it. We went toe-to-toe on the ROAD with a team ranked in the Top 25 that recruits quality players. We were right there today.

Did any one see the graphic that they put up on Marshall concerning the transfer portal players that Marshall brought in? We brought in quality freshman and quality portal players. That is how you have to recruit to Marshall.

This softball coach gets it. I don't care. Yes we lost today. But we were competing for a championship today and competing for a NCAA bid. That coach had that team in position for that. She gets it. She knows how to build a roster.

Proud of our SB team.  There just seems to be a pattern here.  Surely we have beaten them in something.  I know it?s not football, basketball, volleyball, softball or baseball.
    « Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 06:59:42 PM by Thundering In MD »

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 07:04:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good athletic programs in hot weather year round.  Tough deal

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2023, 07:42:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe UL is AKA as University of Southwestern Louisiana which beat one of the best MU basketball teams in our history. They upset us in the 1972 NCAA Big Dance at at the game in New Mexico and then went on NCAA probation for recruiting violations.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2023, 08:04:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe UL is AKA as University of Southwestern Louisiana which beat one of the best MU basketball teams in our history. They upset us in the 1972 NCAA Big Dance at at the game in New Mexico and then went on NCAA probation for recruiting violations.

Yep, beat Mike D'Antoni's squad.  One of their leading players was a scoring machine at guard named Dwught "Bo" Lamar.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2023, 08:22:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Let's hope the new baseball coach gets it too!  With the way the baseball season is going, pretty clear that a serious infusion of talent is sorely needed if we are going to put a team on the field that will compare with the new stadium digs and COMPETE in the SBC.  Hopefully, Coach Beals will NOT follow the same mistakes of Mr. Stubborn in our basketball office and will strongly "encourage" some of the non-producing members of the baseball squad to continue their careers "elsewhere", thus freeing up some needed scholarships!!!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2023, 09:25:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • While I was living down in Louisiana I went to grad school at USL so either way it went I was a winner ... and loser.
    BTW the loyalty is to Marshall. Not even close.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2023, 09:46:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We beat them in basketball at home by 15 our last year in CUSA when we won only12 games all year.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Thundering In MD, parshall2marshall, thunderingon, coalherd

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2023, 10:32:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We beat them in basketball at home by 15 our last year in CUSA when we won only12 games all year.

12 Ws in CUSA b-ball is equal to 24 in SBC

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2023, 10:32:40 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2023, 11:22:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Thanks HM.  We NEEDED that!!!

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2023, 11:42:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I found another:  we beat them in Tennis on April 2nd.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2023, 11:42:30 PM »