Author Topic: Fancher is  (Read 2692 times)

Offline robowski

Fancher is
« on: September 02, 2023, 07:07:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes I said it.  Replace him before we get embarrassed.  The young man from Rice needs to be in the game now
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 02:23:33 PM by W0lfman »

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

Fancher is
    « on: September 02, 2023, 07:07:10 PM »

Offline Herd72

Re: Fancher is Trash
    « Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 07:12:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He might be very nice hard working young man but he is not a QB we can win with.

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen, miltonherdfan

Online coalherd

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 07:19:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Says a lot about the guy who has him in the starting slot, doesn't it?

Offline robowski

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 07:46:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • TJ McMahon time.  Don't blow this game. Get a QB in with some game experience

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 07:56:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The thing is this should have been done in the offseason through the portal. Not now. Unless Huff is a complete idiot he had to know Fancher sucks.

Offline MUther

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2023, 09:44:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How was he the problem?  He made the throws.  He drove the field 3 times in a row and got the win.  He kept drives alive with his feet but didn't panic run.  First TD called back for a hold 3 miles behind the play...not Fancher.  Long pass for easy TD, receiver didn't even put his hands out and ball falls right in front of him...not Fancher.  Penalties all through the early game, killing our momentum...not Fancher.  Ignorant playcalling and switching tempo back and forth in the middle of drives, stalling them out...not Fancher.  Running game mostly crap, except Fancher, till late in game and Ali invisible till late, as well.  Don't know what game you guys were watching.  If anyone needs to lose their job it's Trickett, imo.  Same uninspired and predictable playcalling.  Doesn't matter how well a bad plan is executed.

The following users thanked this post: Big City, svherd, Johns1124, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man, scope58

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2023, 09:50:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How was he the problem?  He made the throws.  He drove the field 3 times in a row and got the win.  He kept drives alive with his feet but didn't panic run.  First TD called back for a hold 3 miles behind the play...not Fancher.  Long pass for easy TD, receiver didn't even put his hands out and ball falls right in front of him...not Fancher.  Penalties all through the early game, killing our momentum...not Fancher.  Ignorant playcalling and switching tempo back and forth in the middle of drives, stalling them out...not Fancher.  Running game mostly crap, except Fancher, till late in game and Ali invisible till late, as well.  Don't know what game you guys were watching.  If anyone needs to lose their job it's Trickett, imo.  Same uninspired and predictable playcalling.  Doesn't matter how well a bad plan is executed.

I don't know what they were watching either. Fancher was the least of our problems. But it seems he is the only one that gets blamed. Again 80% completion rate and 268 yards. He can only make the throws that our vanilla Trickett calls.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, FilmJunky

Offline MUther

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2023, 09:58:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know what they were watching either. Fancher was the least of our problems. But it seems he is the only one that gets blamed. Again 80% completion rate and 268 yards. He can only make the throws that our vanilla Trickett calls.

Once they got in that zone late he picked them apart with the up tempo short passes and when they changed we ran all over them.  Then we take the lead and Trickett slows it back down and boom we stall again, leading to that INT.  Should have cost us the game.  We were lucky.

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline Big City

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2023, 10:05:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes I said it.  Replace him before we get embarrassed.  The young man from Rice needs to be in the game now

Lol. Get a load of this guy. If you call anyone trash, did you even look at the o line?

Come on man!
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124, HerdEcon, The E-Man

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #9 on: September 02, 2023, 10:11:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

He was 1-10 on 3rd down, we started calling run plays on 3rd and 8.

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, goherd24, MicDrass1, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline MUonium

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2023, 10:14:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • no crispness to any aspect of the offense.  good size but we lack speed and quickness and maybe most of all extreme competitiveness.  how many years in a row has it been like this?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, Johns1124, HerdEcon

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2023, 10:15:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was 1-10 on 3rd down, we started calling run plays on 3rd and 8.

Like last year anything 3rd and over 3 yards we are doomed.

The following users thanked this post: goherd24, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2023, 10:15:07 PM »

Offline MUther

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2023, 10:17:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was 1-10 on 3rd down, we started calling run plays on 3rd and 8.

And we were getting stuffed for 1-2 yards on runs on earlier downs.  After that first play of the game, Ali got zero penetration till way later in the game.  We were 1-10 on 3rd down because the playcalling was slow and clumsy.  Till it wasn't.

Offline svherd

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2023, 10:24:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Trickett is the issue. Situational play calling is horrid. He's the worst OC in D1. Fire him and we fix our problems

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: ThunderCat98, herdorbust2

Offline whf

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2023, 10:27:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe we planned to win on talent and strength; but that wasn't there because their coach took unreal changes with 9 guys in the box.; we did not want to show our offense. But we had to show more of it than we wanted to win.  Good for SUNY Albany.

Offline elginherd

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2023, 10:28:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And we were getting stuffed for 1-2 yards on runs on earlier downs.  After that first play of the game, Ali got zero penetration till way later in the game.  We were 1-10 on 3rd down because the playcalling was slow and clumsy.  Till it wasn't.

And that's a function of the Danes recognizing the Herd's lack of a vertical passing threat. They packed the box, which means that there are opportunities downfield.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #16 on: September 02, 2023, 10:34:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Correction:  the whole team was 1-10 on 3rd.  I'm not exactly sure what Fancher was but he couldn't have completed more than 1 3rd down then again he might have completed 0.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2023, 10:35:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good lawd. Why don't you go back and edit this subject line? How in the world you can call our player trash is beyond me.

Offline banker

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2023, 10:35:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought we were maybe trying to play vanilla, and we found out our vanilla wasn?t very good. The problem with Fancher is he is only capable of attacking 4 of the nine zones with consistency. He just doesn?t have arm talent.  He?s never going to be the guy to hit the deep out or the skinny post 30 yards down field. Not being able to attack the middle depth sides and deep zones is going to hurt us. We simply don?t make teams defend the whole field. It?s like playing the whole game in the red zone regardless of where you are on the field.

We haven?t had a QB that could threaten the whole field for almost 10 years now.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, whf, herdfifteen, MicDrass1, Lord Haw-Haw

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2023, 10:50:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good lawd. Why don't you go back and edit this subject line? How in the world you can call our player trash is beyond me.

It's disgusting and uncalled for to call a player that works for your own team trash. We have some dandy fans. Question their play is one thing but trash?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Big City, Flat Tire 2, puma

Offline bbcard1

• Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #20 on: September 02, 2023, 10:51:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I must admit that I can't imagine a less impressive 268-yard passing performance. I think he got picked on his only really long downfield call.

Offline MUther

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2023, 10:55:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I must admit that I can't imagine a less impressive 268-yard passing performance. I think he got picked on his only really long downfield call.

There was the one that dropped right in front of the receiver earlier in the game.  I marked it because I was frustrated the receiver never even reached out for it and it was really that close I think he could have.  Like it hit the ground 3 feet in front of him but his arms were to his sides.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2023, 10:55:22 PM »

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2023, 10:57:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

He is a huge part of the problem because he is not a difference maker
    Nor are our WRs
    Huff can?t seem to get a dynamic QB

Offline MCA23

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2023, 11:00:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

You do realize that none of the others on the roster were good enough to unseat Fancher. 

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2023, 11:33:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Total ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Big City, biggreenarms, HerdMan84, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2023, 11:33:46 PM »