Author Topic: You fellas in the midwest  (Read 1610 times)

Offline 2xBison

Re: You fellas in the midwest
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2024, 03:57:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Al Gore isn't a scientist. I'm not concerned with what he or various media outlets in the 70's said.

That being said, the Arctic is losing ice at an accelerating and unprecedented (at least in thousands of years) pace. Losing on average the size of Nebraska every year over the last 15 years. Current trend would mean an ice-free Arctic summer by 2050.

If you really wanna pay to attention to what "they" do, look at all the major insurance companies in the last couple years that have stopped offering policies on homes in FL, CA, and other vulnerable areas. Probably no better sign that the problem is real than that.

hmmmm vulnerable to costly Hurricanes??  now banks, who I guess aren't as smart as the insurance companies, are certainly financing homes in those "vulnerable" areas.

we'll check back with you in 2050....
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2024, 03:57:27 PM »

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2024, 04:50:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Al Gore isn't a scientist. I'm not concerned with what he or various media outlets in the 70's said.

That being said, the Arctic is losing ice at an accelerating and unprecedented (at least in thousands of years) pace. Losing on average the size of Nebraska every year over the last 15 years. Current trend would mean an ice-free Arctic summer by 2050.

If you really wanna pay to attention to what "they" do, look at all the major insurance companies in the last couple years that have stopped offering policies on homes in FL, CA, and other vulnerable areas. Probably no better sign that the problem is real than that.

I currently live in coastal Florida and previously lived in coastal North Carolina. The reason insurance companies are "leaving" Florida was due to the risk level of wind and hail, not flooding issues.  I have no problem getting insurance due to the fact that my home has a barrel roof; block construction and hurricane impact windows. When you purchase a home in Fl, the first thing you do is have a wind mitigation test on your house.  If you have a traditional "stick" built home and a asphalt shingle roof, insurance is very expensive if you can get it. By the way, some insurances companies are coming back to Florida. It is all about risk. I also have flood insurance and I don't live in a flood zone and it was cheaper for me to purchase it from a private insurer than buying if from the US government. Of course, living a flood zone is dangerous due to the storm surge and high levels of rain during that might occur during a tropical storm (I had over 20 plus inches of rain during a hurricane in Brunswick County, NC and it flooded in areas where it had never flooded before). Living in a flood zone in WV is also dangerous for the same reason.

Some car insurance companies have also left FL due to the high amount of uninsured (which is illegal) drivers and the high number of ambulance chasing
     attorneys. Fraud cases with auto accidents are rampant in south Florida.

As I posted earlier, the earth has gone through periods of extreme heat and cold weather during the course of the plant's history long before man was walking around the planet. Certain parts of the earth were previously under the ocean and are not now under the sea.

By the way, the mods should have moved this thread to another forum after "little jimmies". JMO

« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 05:14:50 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

Offline TomorrowHERD

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2024, 02:03:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Where are you at in Alaska?  I mean SE is always going to be cold and rainy but interior gets hot and humid.  When I was in Fairbanks it could hit 95 in the summer and I saw a thermometer read -62 in the winter.  157 degree temperature swing that year.  Definitely takes some getting used to.  While in Southeast, 20 degree winter and 70-80 summer was more common with rain/mist probably 3 out 4 days.

I am in Anchorage.  We took the longest to get to 60 degrees this than ever!!!  Only for a day or two.  But, looks to get better next week, finally...

"I am for a government that is rigorously frugal and simple. Were we directed from Washington when to sow, when to reap, we should soon want bread."
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    "I predict future hapiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."-Thomas Jefferson
    http://www.cnmi-guide.com/ipg/islandlife/saipan2/

The following users thanked this post: MUther

Offline MUther

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2024, 10:27:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was in Sitka and then Fairbanks for the 1990s.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2024, 10:27:48 AM »