Author Topic: QB  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Herdiowa

QB
« on: June 07, 2024, 03:26:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Apparently there is a thread on the other board about Griffis deciding to step away from football.  Must be behind a pay wall and I?m not paying on that board with while Mr Sunshine and rainbows Perkins is associated with it.  Anyone else heard this?  Running with the herd on X just posted about 5 keys to season and a guy commented the Griffis isn?t coming

HerdFans.com

QB
    « on: June 07, 2024, 03:26:52 PM »

Offline BigJimslade

Re: QB
    « Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024, 06:27:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Apparently there is a thread on the other board about Griffis deciding to step away from football.  Must be behind a pay wall and I?m not paying on that board with while Mr Sunshine and rainbows Perkins is associated with it.  Anyone else heard this?  Running with the herd on X just posted about 5 keys to season and a guy commented the Griffis isn?t coming

I see the thread in which you are referring
    I too will not pay to read it
    There might be some truth to this

The following users thanked this post: GK4Herd, Johnnyherd

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 08:24:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah
    He is NOT coming to Huntington

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2024, 11:52:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 4 QBs currently on the roster counting the freshman (Long) and not counting Griffis.

Why do we always seem to get the short end of the stick with QB transfers?  Yet our G5 peer conference mates such as JMU, App, Texas State, Ga Southern, So Alabama, and etc. seem to strike gold?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2024, 12:38:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Bigoherd

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2024, 06:36:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Heard from reliable source that we are after another transfer QB. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, carolinaherdfan, mr_ash_1995, herddds, Buffalo Bop, ed swain

Offline Bigoherd

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2024, 06:37:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don?t know who, or where from.  Just a passing (no pun intended) comment?

Offline svherd

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2024, 08:01:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Heard from reliable source that we are after another transfer QB.

Very few portal guys left who may actually come in and make a difference. Unless they are eyeing some unknown kid who is ready to transfer and hasn't made it known. Or as someone posted an FCS starter who is wanting to move up.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Big City

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2024, 08:13:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would love to see Pennington be great as much as the next guy but I didn?t see anything last year when he played to make me think the young man will be. 

If we are doing a Mike Leach type of system I am not sure a QB can come in this summer and pick it up fast enough.  Time will tell I guess but Griffis not coming is pretty deflating.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, BigJimslade

Online herd2win

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2024, 08:45:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is a pivotal year for Marshall football.  Rarely has a coach went into a season on the last year of his contract.  We may see more of this because players are no longer tied to a school.  If a coach leaves the player can transfer immediately without sitting out.

I am excited to see what the team can do as we have some key conference games at home.  I don't expect a repeat of ND at OSU because they are mega loaded.  Also, Va Tech returns all of their starters.

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2024, 10:00:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Also, Va Tech returns all of their starters.

that is a very interesting side note.  VT, who lost to a last place SBC team last year, & only won 1 ACC game the prior year (IIRC), return ALL of their starters & not lose a single 1 to the portal?  NONE of those players thought the grass would be greener than THAT somewhere else?

The following users thanked this post: BigJimslade

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2024, 10:33:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 5 or less wins this season. May be our worst team since the 2016 debacle.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2024, 10:33:41 AM »

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2024, 11:05:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 5 or less wins this season. May be our worst team since the 2016 debacle.

Without a decent QB...I think you are exactly right.

But here's what I don't get...why will 10 or more Sun Belt schools have a better QB than us? Why will half or more of CUSA schools have a better QB than us? Why will 30 FCS teams have a better QB than us? Why will 12 or so DII schools have a better QB than us?

What the heck are we doing wrong that we can't get decent QB's here when our peers and those below us can?

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, miltonherdfan, Herdalum83, MicDrass1, Lord Haw-Haw

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2024, 12:01:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Poor evaluations

The following users thanked this post: svherd, HerdEcon

Offline Grazing Marco

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2024, 01:12:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would love to see Pennington be great as much as the next guy but I didn?t see anything last year when he played to make me think the young man will be. 

If we are doing a Mike Leach type of system I am not sure a QB can come in this summer and pick it up fast enough.  Time will tell I guess but Griffis not coming is pretty deflating.

Actually, the Air Raid system is probably the easiest offense to learn. It is a read and react offense. Not a ton of different plays.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2024, 02:49:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actually, the Air Raid system is probably the easiest offense to learn. It is a read and react offense. Not a ton of different plays.
    True but timing is important.  Hard to have timing without summer workouts

Offline whf

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2024, 05:08:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Does anyone suspect that we chose the coach to fit the QBs............................... adding an offense they'd be very likely to excel in?

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2024, 07:58:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is a pivotal year for Marshall football.  Rarely has a coach went into a season on the last year of his contract.  We may see more of this because players are no longer tied to a school.  If a coach leaves the player can transfer immediately without sitting out.

I am excited to see what the team can do as we have some key conference games at home.  I don't expect a repeat of ND at OSU because they are mega loaded.  Also, Va Tech returns all of their starters.

All of their starters
    That is simply not true

HerdFans.com

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2024, 07:58:16 PM »