Author Topic: a scholarship opens for bball  (Read 1076 times)

Offline yogiherd

a scholarship opens for bball
« on: June 11, 2024, 09:52:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Supposedly K. Braun told the staff he's giving of bball to have more time for his school studies.
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

a scholarship opens for bball
    « on: June 11, 2024, 09:52:16 PM »

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    Re: a scholarship opens for bball
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2024, 10:07:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Supposedly K. Braun told the staff he's giving of bball to have more time for his school studies.

If true, we have two scholarships to give

Guards, guards and oh yea, guards please

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline MUfan08

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2024, 07:24:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If true, awesome Dan wasted school resources and funding to red shirt him and Toussaint last year.
    The roster management of that man was so head scratching.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdorbust2

Offline MUonium

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2024, 07:59:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • looks like there will be at least 8 or nine newcomers.  other than a few coaches and a few players- especially season after this, the DD era of MU men's basketball seems to be rapidly coming to a close.  i hope Corny can get two more capable guys and get some good chemistry prior to fall. 

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2024, 09:28:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With Rob on board and now an extra scholarship, Corny has a shot to bring in some good talent.

The following users thanked this post: scope58, herdorbust2

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2024, 09:47:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If true, awesome Dan wasted school resources and funding to red shirt him and Toussaint last year.
    The roster management of that man was so head scratching.

It truly was head scratching. It's the main reason he could no longer stay as the HC. He simply had no idea how important every scholarship was. Stubborn and hard headed was an understatement.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, miltonherdfan, scope58

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2024, 09:52:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With Rob on board and now an extra scholarship, Corny has a shot to bring in some good talent.

I really hope Corny can get the pieces needed. He is a really nice guy and this may be his only shot at a HC job. But it also could really take him to a very successful career. I'm pulling for him because it seems he is working hard at recruiting and that is a pleasant surprise from the last few years.

The following users thanked this post: overherd1, scope58

Offline wlf

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2024, 10:00:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • looks like there will be at least 8 or nine newcomers.  other than a few coaches and a few players- especially season after this, the DD era of MU men's basketball seems to be rapidly coming to a close.  i hope Corny can get two more capable guys and get some good chemistry prior to fall.

Yeah, and  unfortunately it's the new normal. I almost don't care about college sports anymore, almost.

Online scope58

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2024, 10:22:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really hope Corny can get the pieces needed. He is a really nice guy and this may be his only shot at a HC job. But it also could really take him to a very successful career. I'm pulling for him because it seems he is working hard at recruiting and that is a pleasant surprise from the last few years.
    Unfortunately, it may be a matter of a guy coming in and saying ( What can you give me ? ) Or his agent.If JM gives each new player 50.000. And Marshall offers 20.000 and a food card, he probably goes with JM. There is no such thing as loyalty to a school anymore.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2024, 11:04:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unfortunately, it may be a matter of a guy coming in and saying ( What can you give me ? ) Or his agent.If JM gives each new player 50.000. And Marshall offers 20.000 and a food card, he probably goes with JM. There is no such thing as loyalty to a school anymore.

Agree Scope. But this needs to be the year imo. He already has a front court with tons of experience in oak, Martin and Fricks. With the additions so far he just needs to land a really good scoring PG and this team could make some noise. Next year the staff will really have a recruiting job on their hands.

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Online scope58

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2024, 12:07:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Agree Scope. But this needs to be the year imo. He already has a front court with tons of experience in oak, Martin and Fricks. With the additions so far he just needs to land a really good scoring PG and this team could make some noise. Next year the staff will really have a recruiting job on their hands.
    I hope they get a good one. But now i guess they can get two more players

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2024, 07:58:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    There will be so many new faces they will have to wear name tags when Herdmeister has them over to his house.
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2024, 07:58:22 PM »

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2024, 08:17:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is good for Corny. If he is getting quality transfers to visit like the kid from Oklahoma, then that is good. There are still some good JUCOs out there.

To be honest, Corny needs to show what he can do with guys he wants.......not guys he had to keep. It would have been nice if this one had opened up sooner, but so be it at this point.

If we can grab one good players and another player that can provide 12 to 16 minutes of quality depth, then we have a chance to be good.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUonium, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2024, 08:17:47 PM »