Author Topic: Current and Future Schedules . . .  (Read 217 times)

Offline coalherd

Current and Future Schedules . . .
« on: June 11, 2024, 10:31:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • . . . now almost the middle of June and in addition to little to no news regarding remaining recruiting, if any, for this coming season's HERD men's basketball team, there is also ZERO info to be had as to this season's basketball schedules as well as the need for multiple out of conference opponents in FOOTBALL beginning with the 2025 season.

First of all, it would seem to me that the Sun Belt Conference office should decide, and PUBLICIZE as soon as possible, exactly WHEN conference play will commence this season.  For example, the week before Christmas, the League could decide that Conference play could begin with games on Weds. the 18th of Dec., or on Thurs. the 19th, or perhaps even on Sat. the 21st.  Then, perhaps, the Leage could indicate that League play will resume in earnest on Sat., Jan. 4th, or a similar date in the New Year.

By doing so, the League could thus let ALL league teams know all other dates in November and December are "free" to schedule their respective out-of-conference games!!

In the past, I believe the MU coaching staff, perhaps led by Assistant Coach Cline, did most/all of the out-of-conference scheduling.  Is this continuing under Coach Corny, or is AD Spears MORE involved in said scheduling?  I note an article today in the Roanoke, VA, paper, that numerous out of conference games scheduled in the upcoming season have been made available to the media by schools like VA Tech, Radford, VA Military, etc., even though those schools COMPLETE schedules have not been released to the general public.  For example, VMI will be one of the teams playing in this year's tournament at the Greenbrier.  So apparently many D1 schools over in Virginia have a policy of making available ANY games that have been firmly scheduled to the media if asked for such information and have no qualms in doing so.  Why wouldn't a school like MARSHALL take a similar stance especially if it keeps your fan base informed and perhaps builds INTEREST in the University's sports programs overall among the general public?

Does MU have ANY games FIRMLY SET so far in either men's or women's basketball?  If so, what does it hurt to release that info, if for no other reason than just to keep your FANS informed and INTERESTED in said programs??  Is MU trying to schedule participation in any in season tournament(s) in 24-25 in either basketball program?

HERD football opens the 24 Season on August 31st.  So that would indicate players would be reporting back for practice around the end of July or in early August.  Same, I would think, would apply to other fall sports, both soccer teams, etc., etc.

So one would rightfully assume that before such sports commence in earnest and the main impetus of the Athletic Department would be on said sports, that the time period prior, like NOW in June and certainly the month of July, there should be lot of attention to the subjects of upcoming schedules this fall/winter in sports like basketball, men's and women's, and in future schedules, beginning NEXT year, in football.

But, then again, folks, this is MARSHALL, where keeping the fan base informed is not really a priority and were trying to find out WHAT, if anything, is going on and WHO, if anyone, is in charge is ANYONE'S GUESS!!

Right now, to me, it appears that MU Athletics is, overall, in NEUTRAL and on AUTOPILOT!!!
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 10:36:23 PM by coalherd »

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

Current and Future Schedules . . .
    « on: June 11, 2024, 10:31:06 PM »

Online herdorbust2

Re: Current and Future Schedules . . .
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2024, 11:00:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well to get fan interest you have to schedule someone interesting. But I agree, why not?

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, coalherd

HerdFans.com

Re: Current and Future Schedules . . .
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2024, 11:00:32 PM »