Author Topic: Questions For The Football Historians  (Read 510 times)

Offline HerdEcon

Questions For The Football Historians
« on: June 13, 2024, 11:13:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When is the last time we entered the football season with 3 QBs on the roster that were all underclassmen?  With only one unproven upperclassmen?  4 total.

Asking for a friend. 
    « Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 11:15:57 PM by HerdEcon »

HerdFans.com

Questions For The Football Historians
    « on: June 13, 2024, 11:13:42 PM »

Offline CoachMaclid

Re: Questions For The Football Historians
    « Reply #1 on: June 13, 2024, 11:54:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When is the last time we entered the football season with 3 QBs on the roster that were all underclassmen?  With only one unproven upperclassmen?  4 total.

Asking for a friend.

2023.  Literally last season.

T.J. McMahon was an unproved upperclassman.  Everyone else was an underclassman.

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024, 12:00:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Followup...

I believe this also applies to 2021 and 2020 (if though we had no upperclassmen), 2019, 2018 (if you considered Thompson with his arm history unproven), and 2017.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2024, 10:37:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Literally during the era that we have struggled most at the position and our offense has struggled the most.  Common theme. 

Offline svherd

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2024, 11:27:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The last 20 years have been very lean for MU QB's in general. Thank the good Lord, Tommy Shuler convinced Cato flip from FIU and follow him to Marshall. If that doesn't happen, we don't win CUSA in 2014.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline MUther

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2024, 07:27:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The last 20 years have been very lean for MU QB's in general. Thank the good Lord, Tommy Shuler convinced Cato flip from FIU and follow him to Marshall. If that doesn't happen, we don't win CUSA in 2014.

Probably right...or we have Froh and win '13, '14, and '15.  I think Frohnapple would have been a good'un if he was the guy, too, but it would have been a different style, no question.  He did well on a gutted UMass team.  I think he could have been our version of Daughty from WKU at the same time.
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 07:29:39 PM by MUther »

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #6 on: June 15, 2024, 05:23:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Asking for a friend.

I know this is apparent, but I feel like this is a valid side point.  The current environment of college football has put us in our QB plight.   

Wells should be our 6th year senior starter this year about to break all Cato/Pennington all time records

or Fancher should be our 3 year starter, finally playing QB with experience, full confidence, command and understanding.   

If Parachek is the starter, he?ll probably play all year and transfer out before bowl season this year.

When I think in those terms, if Chad Penningtons son or Gerald Longs son are close to Parachek or Braxton, invest in loyalty.

Of the 6 players that are on NFL rosters from last years squad, all were loyal to Marshall.  Of the players that left 90% did nothing to help themselves.
    « Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 08:47:47 AM by Johnnyherd »

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline svherd

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2024, 09:26:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Probably right...or we have Froh and win '13, '14, and '15.  I think Frohnapple would have been a good'un if he was the guy, too, but it would have been a different style, no question.  He did well on a gutted UMass team.  I think he could have been our version of Daughty from WKU at the same time.

Fro showed signs of being a good QB, we'll never know. But too bad he didn't stick around. That may have helped us greatly.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: MUther

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2024, 09:26:46 AM »