Author Topic: Herd Womens BB gettin BIG  (Read 582 times)

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Head Coach
  • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
Herd Womens BB gettin BIG
« on: June 14, 2024, 06:25:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 4 transfers

5-10 Guard. Blessing King - Morehead State
    6-1.  Forward Adiana Pacheco - Baltimore/ D1 Niagra
    6-2.  Forward TreShondra Williams - Columbia State
    6-3.  Center.   Leyocha Marigney - Reedley College

How do you fix apostrophes posting as ?, again?
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 06:28:05 AM by Johnnyherd »

HerdFans.com

Herd Womens BB gettin BIG
    « on: June 14, 2024, 06:25:22 AM »

Offline MUther

Re: Herd Womens BB gettin BIG
    « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2024, 07:18:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 4 transfers

5-10 Guard. Blessing King - Morehead State
    6-1.  Forward Adiana Pacheco - Baltimore/ D1 Niagra
    6-2.  Forward TreShondra Williams - Columbia State
    6-3.  Center.   Leyocha Marigney - Reedley College

How do you fix apostrophes posting as ?, again?

I don't think you can.  It's an ASCII glitch that just seems to show up on this site only.  You can turn off stuff on your phone so you don't see it but everyone else will.   I see the ?s on my PC, even.

The following users thanked this post: Johnnyherd

Offline MUonium

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024, 09:13:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • no question, the VT game exposed lack of inside height and/or leaping ability.  but it was also being outclassed in overall team ability/talent as well.  however, it was a great experience for a building program and for setting new team expectations.

again, at face value, i really like this roster and look forward to seeing what a totally new staff can do.  as far as returners- in the best of worlds, i want to see players each off-season coming back with a noticeably improved game.  kind of like a boxer spending 3 months training hard for a single fight- they should be in peak condition if they care about winning championships.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online whf

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2024, 09:18:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think we're in for a BIG change in approach to the women's college basketball game style.  Hope the fans will be OK with this, certainly the speed of play was exciting and the winning resulted from it in the SBC.  What will the slower approach, focused on defense and rebounding do for the fan base?  Not much, I'm afraid, if it doesn't results in wins. If the wins come, the approach to the game won't matter as much. 

The following users thanked this post: svherd, luckytoes99, elginherd

Offline MUonium

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2024, 09:59:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think we're in for a BIG change in approach to the women's college basketball game style.  Hope the fans will be OK with this, certainly the speed of play was exciting and the winning resulted from it in the SBC.  What will the slower approach, focused on defense and rebounding do for the fan base?  Not much, I'm afraid, if it doesn't results in wins. If the wins come, the approach to the game won't matter as much.

if i recall, thought Fulks alluded to keeping much of the style.  i don't know why the speed has to change much.  with potential increased focus on rebounding/finishing put backs and half-court defense, i do wonder about snappy transition to O.  also wonder about the frequency of substitutions and how many players at a time.  will she full court press nearly all the time?  will the half court offense look similar and the subsequent transition to D?

Offline elginherd

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2024, 07:03:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Good post.
    Winning, of course matters.
    But if the style of play isn't entertaining, WBB will pretty much remain a Title IX mandated money suck at Marshall.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

HerdFans.com

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2024, 07:03:33 PM »