Author Topic: Big Green Question  (Read 1030 times)

Offline mu79grad

Big Green Question
« on: June 15, 2024, 10:12:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A Big Green administrator told me yesterday that back in April an email from the Big Green came out that offered to Big Green members the opportunity to purchase tickets for the OSU game.  I know that season ticket renewals were granted that opportunity but I never saw an email that said Big Green members could purchase OSU tickets.  I have searched my email history and I could not find any evidence of such an email.  If anybody has that email, if you could copy and paste the body of that email and the date it was sent out by the Big Green and post it, I would greatly appreciate seeing it.

HerdFans.com

Big Green Question
    « on: June 15, 2024, 10:12:53 AM »

Offline marshallmark

Re: Big Green Question
    « Reply #1 on: June 17, 2024, 10:20:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I, too, never got it.  I called the ticket office to ask about it, and they told me that I had to do it over the phone anyway.  I wasn't sure how many I needed, so I asked if I could call back in a week or two to get them and was told that there were plenty for Big Green members and that would be fine.

Fast forward about 10 days and I called to only be told that they're sold out.

As you can imagine, I was royally pi$$ed.  I sent an acidic email to the ticket office and the ass't AD for fan engagement.  I considered dropping my season tickets b/c I was so mad, but since I had already paid for them I didn't go that far.  Whether I get them in 2025, considering everything inc. the transfer portal and NIL debacles, I'm not sure. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, ru4mu2, mu79grad

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2024, 12:23:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I, too, never got it.  I called the ticket office to ask about it, and they told me that I had to do it over the phone anyway.  I wasn't sure how many I needed, so I asked if I could call back in a week or two to get them and was told that there were plenty for Big Green members and that would be fine.

Fast forward about 10 days and I called to only be told that they're sold out.

As you can imagine, I was royally pi$$ed.  I sent an acidic email to the ticket office and the ass't AD for fan engagement.  I considered dropping my season tickets b/c I was so mad, but since I had already paid for them I didn't go that far.  Whether I get them in 2025, considering everything inc. the transfer portal and NIL debacles, I'm not sure.

Mark,  thank you for your reply.  It seems that maybe the Big Green thought they sent out an email but it never was sent (however, that even seems dubious to me).  I upped my Big Green donation considerably and paid it in January.  Had I known that the OSU tickets would be tied into season tickets then I would have bought season tickets and the remainder given to the Big Green.  I don't buy season tickets because my schedule precludes me from knowing what Saturdays I might be available to come to Huntington.  However, in the case of purchasing OSU tickets, I would have bought the season tickets and given the tickets away for the games that I could not attend. 

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2024, 01:27:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A Big Green administrator told me yesterday that back in April an email from the Big Green came out that offered to Big Green members the opportunity to purchase tickets for the OSU game.  I know that season ticket renewals were granted that opportunity but I never saw an email that said Big Green members could purchase OSU tickets.  I have searched my email history and I could not find any evidence of such an email.  If anybody has that email, if you could copy and paste the body of that email and the date it was sent out by the Big Green and post it, I would greatly appreciate seeing it.
    I am pretty sure they dont sent it out to all BG members, just ones that give at a certain level.  Dont worry though, there will be plenty of tickets floating around the tailgates before the game.

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2024, 01:40:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am pretty sure they dont sent it out to all BG members, just ones that give at a certain level.  Don't worry though, there will be plenty of tickets floating around the tailgates before the game.

I'm top 10% in BG points, and a season ticket holder since 1991.  I think I qualified. 

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: mu79grad

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2024, 03:20:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm top 10% in BG points, and a season ticket holder since 1991.  I think I qualified.
    ok but I dont think any of that matters, where are you in dollars given this year?

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2024, 03:43:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ok but I dont think any of that matters, where are you in dollars given this year?

They told me that tickets would be available to Big Green members who were season ticket holders.  There was no explanation other than that. 

If I had bought the tickets when I inquired, I would have qualified for as many as I wanted.  They told me there was no limit. 

I found the whole thing haphazard and a bit bizarre from a marketing/fairness standpoint. 

- E-Man

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2024, 06:08:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They told me that tickets would be available to Big Green members who were season ticket holders.  There was no explanation other than that. 

If I had bought the tickets when I inquired, I would have qualified for as many as I wanted.  They told me there was no limit. 

I found the whole thing haphazard and a bit bizarre from a marketing/fairness standpoint.
    It?s easy Christian Spears!!

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2024, 10:19:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone else notice big change in priority point rankings this past year?  I normally don't pay much attention because they don't seem to matter that much.  They are supposed to but I'm not sure.  In any case, last fall I looked at the number I was ranked and not long after that happened to look again and had dropped like 50 spots.  I asked and was told they had some major contributions.  I am fairly high up, probably top 10% as well if going by total members.  I just find it hard to believe we had that many people donate hugely to make that change in rankings.  Anyway, whatever between stuff like that, NIL and our two major programs performance lately it's making me more apathetic than ever.  I don't think they care one way or another.  I could probably walk and not donate another dime and they'd never follow up with a call.  Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: whf, ru4mu2, mu79grad, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Online whf

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2024, 08:15:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone else notice big change in priority point rankings this past year?  I normally don't pay much attention because they don't seem to matter that much.  They are supposed to but I'm not sure.  In any case, last fall I looked at the number I was ranked and not long after that happened to look again and had dropped like 50 spots.  I asked and was told they had some major contributions.  I am fairly high up, probably top 10% as well if going by total members.  I just find it hard to believe we had that many people donate hugely to make that change in rankings.  Anyway, whatever between stuff like that, NIL and our two major programs performance lately it's making me more apathetic than ever.  I don't think they care one way or another.  I could probably walk and not donate another dime and they'd never follow up with a call.  Oh well

I didn't look and don't really know where to find that info, I suspect its on my account.  However, if I dropped 50 spots, I'm GRATEFUL for that because that means someone else (as you said) is stepping up big time.  If we keep doiing the same as before, and folks leapfrog us, that is All GOOD for MU.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2024, 03:10:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Season ticket holder for quite a few years and in the Big Green since the early 70s.

First time I've heard of this.  Typical Marshall is all I can say!!

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline TomorrowHERD

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2024, 02:07:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone else notice big change in priority point rankings this past year?  I normally don't pay much attention because they don't seem to matter that much.  They are supposed to but I'm not sure.  In any case, last fall I looked at the number I was ranked and not long after that happened to look again and had dropped like 50 spots.  I asked and was told they had some major contributions.  I am fairly high up, probably top 10% as well if going by total members.  I just find it hard to believe we had that many people donate hugely to make that change in rankings.  Anyway, whatever between stuff like that, NIL and our two major programs performance lately it's making me more apathetic than ever.  I don't think they care one way or another. I could probably walk and not donate another dime and they'd never follow up with a call.  Oh well

Correct, I donated about $700-$1000 a year for years.  Forgot, one year (2020?), never heard a peep from them... Not even a letter the next year to rejoin...  SMH
    Now, with all the NIL, and erasing of college sports cultures, as well as academic dishonesty throughout the industry ...I don't really feel the desire to...

"I am for a government that is rigorously frugal and simple. Were we directed from Washington when to sow, when to reap, we should soon want bread."
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    "I predict future hapiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."-Thomas Jefferson
    http://www.cnmi-guide.com/ipg/islandlife/saipan2/

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2024, 02:07:01 AM »

Offline HerdinNT

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2024, 10:27:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The BG is another department that needs new direction with a house cleaning.  This should have been an agenda item to complete by Smith and his team within eighteen months on the job.  This is just things you must do to bring new ideas and perspective to how the department operates.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, Skidude, ru4mu2

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2024, 05:22:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The BG is another department that needs new direction with a house cleaning.  This should have been an agenda item to complete by Smith and his team within eighteen months on the job.  This is just things you must do to bring new ideas and perspective to how the department operates.
    Wouldn?t the BG fall under Spears? As much as he likes to fire people I?d thought he would have cleaned house by now

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2024, 07:38:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't look and don't really know where to find that info, I suspect its on my account.  However, if I dropped 50 spots, I'm GRATEFUL for that because that means someone else (as you said) is stepping up big time.  If we keep doiing the same as before, and folks leapfrog us, that is All GOOD for MU.
    Well the points are sometimes given or adjusted without donations.  They handed out boat loads during Covid season which significant devalued all points earned previously with donations.  (Kind of like what's happening to our dollars as gov prints money) If they can do that who's to say they didn't again for other reasons.  I guess I should look at BG financials to verify that huge increase in donations so we can all be grateful.

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: HerdFanJ

Offline mxman870

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2024, 05:23:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am pretty sure they dont sent it out to all BG members, just ones that give at a certain level.  Dont worry though, there will be plenty of tickets floating around the tailgates before the game.
    I am pretty sure the Buckeyes use electronic tix. Beware of  purchasing paper tix.

Online ru4mu2

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2024, 06:49:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well the points are sometimes given or adjusted without donations.  They handed out boat loads during Covid season which significant devalued all points earned previously with donations.  (Kind of like what's happening to our dollars as gov prints money) If they can do that who's to say they didn't again for other reasons.  I guess I should look at BG financials to verify that huge increase in donations so we can all be grateful.

Are these posted anywhere?

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2024, 09:31:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your points are in a section in your online BG/ticket account. 

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2024, 09:31:22 AM »