Author Topic: Hanshew: Marshall-WVU series just plain common sense  (Read 731 times)

Offline W0lfman

Hanshew: Marshall-WVU series just plain common sense
« on: January 14, 2005, 08:28:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall-WVU series just plain common sense

HUNTINGTON -- Sports fans could not have wanted more from Tuesday night’s Capital Classic.

From the opening tip, a palpable buzz was felt throughout the Charleston Civic Center. West Virginia fans outnumbered Thundering Herd supporters three to one, and their cheers roared throughout an entertaining game.

Marshall finally wrested control of the game in the closing seconds, setting off a wild celebration from its not-so-silent minority of fans.

Supporters of both schools bantered back and forth. Some was good natured, some bordered on the blue.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/2005/January/14/MUtop1.htm

HerdFans.com

« on: January 14, 2005, 08:28:59 AM »

Offline HerdHead

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 09:27:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good stuff from Hanshew.   Why does everyone but Hardesty know this game is good for both teams, the state's economy, etc, etc?  If you were a WVU fan, wouldn't you be screaming for his head?

Offline Thunders

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 02:56:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hardesty know it would be good for the state.   It is not about that.  It is about his pride for sticking by the excuses he has come up with.  He is a Maroon and a coward and I wrote him a while back and told him myself.  The governor of our state is a WVU grad and he knows it needs to happen all the time.  I doubt it will be an every year thing.  If I were to guess it will happen soon but it will be like a 2 for 1 deal and if we come out in that series with at least a couple wins I would guess they will be looking for someone else to fill that slot in their schedule.  They won't want to keep it a series every year because they are scared of what they could lose.  I think it will happen though and maybe by 2006!!  I hope so!!!
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 02:56:05 PM »