Author Topic: Marshall recruiting ranked 100th?  (Read 979 times)

Offline marcbuff

Marshall recruiting ranked 100th?
« on: January 14, 2005, 09:44:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

« on: January 14, 2005, 09:44:24 AM »

Offline Olen

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 09:51:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marcbuff - the reason that Marshall is ranked at #100 is due to the fact that scout has Marshall listed as having only one committment so far.  The rankings are based on cumulative points.  Thus, the programs at the upper end of the rankings generally have more than a dozen committments.  On the flip side, see Marshall.

Don't get concerned.

Offline marcbuff

ok
    « Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 09:53:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Duh, how often do they update that?

Offline DA4Dherd

• Varsity
    ratings
    « Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 11:51:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • scout/insiders doesn't seem to keep good track of JUCO's and even some prep school guys.  Also, if scout hasn't been told of a commitment they don't generally put it in until signing day - some of the players may not talk to them at all or only rivals.  I don't have premium access to scout/insiders right now (but I think I'll pick it up for a month or 2) and I'd like to see where Small was rated out of high school and also the JC OL's from 2 years ago and Devine from 3 years ago.
    Go HERD.....and Go get your PSA Test....it may just let you cheer a little longer.....

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    Late commits
    « Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 12:23:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • we'll get a bunch Feb. 2 through 5...it keeps us on pins and needles until then...

The reason is that there are a lot of good recruits for whom we are a safety school.  If the offer doesn't come from Nebraska (ok, bad example, let's say Miami) then we are still a solid choice.  We have demonstrated that kids can get to the NFL from here and as much as people want to posture to the contrary, every kid who is on the scholarship radar beleives he will play in the NFL.  The fact that we can get kids that the leading programs consider but either don't offer or don't have the position available is great.  They just come a little late to us.  A lot of them become great contributors to our community and really embrace their time at MU.

All the same, I'd feel a little better if we had a couple of 300 pound run stuffers committed.

HerdFans.com

Late commits
    « Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 12:23:10 PM »